Hello, my name is Steven Jordan and I am a data science, analytics, and management professional in the Charlotte, NC area. I am currently a Data Scientist at Driven Brands supporting the International Car Wash Group while pursuing a Masters Degree in Data Science and Business Analytics at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Data science and analytics professional with over 7 years of experience
- M.S. Data Science and Business Analytics (Dec 2021)
- U.S. Army Veteran
- Husband and father of two
- Located in the Charlotte, NC Area
Professional Training and Certificates
- Tableau I, II, III, and Visual Analytics
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced SQL (American Airlines)
- Data Science with Python (North Carolina Data Science Conference 2019)
- Python for Data Science (UNCC)
- R for Data Science (UNCC)
- Statistics for Data Science (UNCC)
Iowa Whiskey Distribution - Neo4J
Superstore Dashboard - Tableau
NFL Attendance - R Shiny
Data Scientist - Driven Insights
Dec 2020 - Present
- Led a team of two Senior Data Analysts managing daily tasks, coaching and mentoring.
- Headed a project to clean, organize and standardize POS data for a new carwash division. Utilized Airflow, SQL, and Python
- Created a customer segmentation algorithm utilizing k-means clustering along with RFM (Recency, Frequency, and Monetary Value) used for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Built and implemented a customer churn model to understand member retention and allow for proactive marketing campaigns for high-risk customers.
- Constructed and maintained a graph database in Neo4J finding insights in customer behavior, journeys, and marketing responses.
Data Science Manager
Mar 2019 - Dec 2020
- Utilized Python and SQL to build and maintain an auto regressive integrated moving average (ARIMA) model to forecast revenue for the company.
- Built a company wide survey to test hypotheses related to data governance and management. Used the R programming languge to look for correlations and visualize results for presentation to senior management.
- Worked as part of a team to organize a single data strategy for the business unit.
- Created SQL queries and Tableau dashboards to organize and present data to senior management.
- Utilizing Python and SQL to create ETL processes for moving data to Cloudera and developed tables for easier access to data needed for analytics.
Senior Analyst - Maintenance Optimization
May 2016 - Mar 2019
- Identified “Opportunity Hour” where largest improvement was possible for line maintenance delays at each airport and worked with local management to develop action plans to mitigate – delays cut by 30% during that hour
- Used Tableau/Python/SQL for analysis of Line Maintenance KPI’s for presentation to senior management
- Tableau and data analytics subject matter expert for Line Maintenance department
- Mentored and led junior data analysts
Senior Analyst - Customer Experience Consulting
Nov 2015 - May 2016
- Partner closely with MIA Sr. Management on Phase 1 of the “Remake MIA” initiative focusing on delay improvements, identify operational challenges and develop data driven solutions for presentation to executive level management
- Perform analysis of revenue collection rates and bag fee waivers and developed project proposals to drive revenue generation opportunities; such as military ID training to increase collection rate by $11 Million per year
- Internal consulting on various data projects to assist with data collection, manipulation and presentation
- Mentored and led junior data analysts
Project Manager - Business Analysis
Jan 2014 - Nov 2015
- Led cross-functional teams to consolidate, replace, and improve performance of airport vendors.
- Defined and tracked metrics to improve operational performance including the creation of a ramp vendor scorecard
- Developed business case justifications through financial and forecasting analysis for new and recurrent contracts
Jan 2007 - May 2010
- Rifle Team Leader Alpha Company 4th battalion 3rd Infantry Regiment “The Old Guard”
- Awarded the Army Achievement Medal for leadership
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
M.S. Data Science and Business Analytics
Jan 2020 - Dec 2021
- Big Data Design Storage and Provenance
- Big Data For Competitive Advantage
- Visual Analytics
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Consumer Analytics
- Business Project Management
- Network Science (in Neo4J)
- Social Media Marketing and Analytics
- Applied Machine Learning
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Aug 2010 - Aug 2013
- Double Minor in Business Administration and Aviation Law